Monday, October 09, 2006

Dylan's No Prophet

Our church is studying 1 Corinthians. The first few chapters focus on the fact that worldly wisdom and God’s wisdom revealed in the cross cannot be reconciled. This quote from Bob Dylan during his “Christian phase” is a telling example of how worldly wisdom always rejects the gospel no matter how cool the messenger:

Years ago they used to say I was a prophet. I'd say, "No, I'm not a prophet." They'd say, "Yes, you are a prophet." "No, it's not me." They used to convince me I was a prophet. Now I come out and say, "Jesus is the answer." [And now] they say, "Bob Dylan? He's no prophet." They just can't handle that. (Quoted in Bob Dylan's Unshakeable Monotheism -- Part III: The 1980s, by Scott Marshall.)

I don’t know the full story of Bob Dylan’s faith. Does he claim any kind of faith in Christ today? If anyone knows or can point me to an article, I’d be grateful. Anybody have his latest album? If he’s no longer a Christian, I guess he’s back to being a “prophet” in the world’s eyes.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?