Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Squire and the Scroll



Some of you might be familiar with the work of Jennie Bishop. She authored a very popular children's book for girls called The Princess and the Kiss. It tells the story of a princess who saves the precious gift of her first kiss for her husband.

Mrs. Bishop followed this up with a book for young boys called The Squire and the Scroll. It's an adventure with a knight, a dragon and a kingdom in peril. As it tells the story of a faithful young squire who learns to face the dangers of temptation and "keep his heart pure" it teaches valuable lessons to young men about guarding their eyes and ears from evil.

Last month I got a call from my friends at Family Life Today asking if I'd be willing to narrate The Squire and the Scroll for their radio broadcast. I brought the book home, read it to my family and it passed the kid test. I liked it alot, too. It didn't take that much convincing. I've always dreamed of being voice talent for a Pixar movie or something cool like that (John Lasseter, if you're reading I'm available!) so this was exciting.

Family Life Today broadcast two shows on The Squire and the Scroll on March 9 and 10. You can listen to the shows here. My family thinks my "king voice" is pretty cheesy. And they're right. Oh, well.

And you can order a copy of the book with the audio CD from Family Life here.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?