Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Prodigal

Last Sunday I had the joy of preaching the parable of the Prodigal Son from Luke 15. When the rebellious son returns in repentance, the father runs to meet him. He embraces him and kisses his son who has dishonored and disgraced him.

Isn't this how God so graciously accepts all those who come to Him for mercy? I was deeply moved as I considered the great cost paid to give an undeserving sinner like me this same gracious welcome.
The Father ran to me while I was a long way off, because he sent his son to die on a cross in my place.

The Father clothed me with robes, because Jesus was stripped and beaten.

The Father placed a ring on my hand and sandals on my feet because Christ’s hands and feet were pierced.

The Father accepts me as his child only because he turned his face from his son when he hung on the cross receiving the penalty for my sins.
This is amazing grace. If you'd like to hear the message you can download it for free. The message is from March 19 and is entitled "Lost and Found Part 8: The Rebel."

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?