Saturday, January 21, 2006

18 Pairs of Shoes



A big thanks to everyone who commented on the Affluenza sermon I did two weeks ago. Someone asked how we can know if a particular purchase is motivated by greed. In other words, "When does God want us to enjoy his good gifts and when does our spending cross the line into greed?" I don't know that there are easy answers but I believe this is the ongoing tension that we must embrace to live as faithful stewards in this world.

And I think the issue of contentment is a key. That's why I commend the second message in our Affluenza series entitled "Great Gain" that my friend and fellow-pastor, Eric Simmons gave. He addresses the issue of contentment from 1 Timothy 6:6-10.

I have an iPod issue, in his message Eric confesses his shoe and clothing problems along with a passion for Monopoly that borders on obsession (grin). Check out the message and let me know what you think.

Note: If you're not familiar with Eric Simmons, he's not only the capable pastor of our singles ministry, he has taken over the New Attitude Conference for me. He's doing a great job of not only restarting the conference, but making it better than ever. If you're single, please consider joining us in Louisville, KY, for New Attitude 2006. The conference will feature, CJ Mahaney, Mark Dever, me, Eric, Mike Bulmore and a ton of other breakout speakers.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?