Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A comment on a comment

Below is a comment posted a few weeks ago:

"I've been with my bf for about 4 years and the past 2 years I have had this feeling that maybe I shouldn't be with him. Everytime I heard a sermon on listening to the holy spirit or one on relationships I would get this feeling in my stomach that was not good. I mean we both love God and have a deep personal relationship with Him. We have God as the foundation of our relationship. We encourage eachother with God's word when needed. It's a wonderful relationship. We get along so well and it feels like we are perfect for eachother. We both want to be married, but have to wait about 3 years because we want to wait until we are out of college. But this feeling inside of me bugs me and I prayed and felt like God had led me to break up with him. So I did, even though I didn't want to and can't find a reason why I did, besides this feeling I would get in my gut that I should. I read in your book "Boy Meets Girl" that if you both want to get married then its ok, not to over spiritualize things. Did I do the right thing by breaking things off by going by that feeling, because everything in me wants to be with him and wants to be married to him. Shouldn't I have a peace after breaking up with him if it was from God? Since I broke it off, I have felt sick and have had a huge know in my stomach that is hurting me. Did I do the right thing, did it sound like God was speaking to me? Or was I acting on feelings of paranoia? I need help, I need to know if I did what was right! "

While he's not usually able to respond to the comments he gets, Josh asked me to post this reply for him. Obviously, because he doesn't know you, your situation, your boy friend, etc., his ability to give counsel is pretty limited. However, he encourages you to involve others, and to seek counsel from those who you know you and your circumstances well. Consulting your pastor in your local church and/or an older, wiser friend would be a good start. Also, as resouce, you could check out the series our church's singles ministry did on relationships. May God give you much grace as you seek His will!

Katherine

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?