Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Extreme Makeover for Two Books

We'll be putting stuff on the homepage in the months to come about this, but I thought I'd reward the two people reading this blog (that number includes me) by announcing that both "Boy Meets Girl" and "Not Even a Hint" are getting a facelift. Actually, if I could be a little more accurate with my cosmetic surgery terms here, "Boys Meets Girl" is actually getting the tummy-tuck, lipo, nose-job treatment...that is to say a full-upgrade. "Not Even a Hint" is just getting a little Botox though it is getting a title change, which is pretty extreme I guess.

Just like "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" we decided to do a 5-year edition and upgrade of "Boy Meets Girl". That means a new intro, new chapter and an update of the cover. Not a big deal, but I'm focusing the book more on the concept of courtship and how it's helpful. I like it better.

The story behind the changes to "Not Even a Hint" starts with Max Lucado (God bless him) putting out a book with the same "clear water" look that my book had. And the more I thought about it, the more I felt the cover was weak. It just didn't do anything. And then when I proposed that we change the cover, that led to talking about changing the title. I loved "Not Even a Hint" because it's straight from Eph. 5:3, but most people don't know that and it doesn't immediately mean anything to them. So the book is getting a new name and a new look. And you know, just to add suspense, I'm not going to tell you what the new title is. I know, that's really mean. Sorry.

The new versions of these two books will be out sometime this summer I think.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?