Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Why I Love My Pastor #136

The first time I visited youth group, I felt extremely uncomfortable and out of place. I knew only one person, and I felt out of place during game time, and I didn't think much of the group discussion after the worship service either. In fact, I had determined that this would be my first and last visit... but as I stepped towards the door, I heard a voice say "Hi. I don't think we've met. Have you been here before?" I turned around to encounter an outstretched hand and smiling face. I tentatively accepted the handshake.
"I'm Kris. Are you new here?" he inquired. I explained this was my first visit, and Kris encouraged me to come again. "I've promised the kids if they'll bring their friends and get attendance up, I'll dye my hair." he said with a grin.
"Hot pink maybe?" I asked
"Well, that's already been done." he replied with a grin.
I've been going to youth group for about a year now. Kris is our Sunday School teacher. He and his wife Jess are great leaders in the church- friendly, caring people, godly examples, and good friends. I am so thankful that God has allowed Kris to be a part of our youth group and community. He is truly a blessing. - Janelle

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?