Friday, January 21, 2005

My name is Ed. I'm the Senior Pastor of a 1000-member-church in Wisconsin. I've been Senior Pastor for 4 years. Well, Senior Pastor in name only, really, since there were no other pastors on staff. That is, until this last summer, when Pastor Jim was ordained and installed as Associate Pastor. Its kind of weird, I'm 39 and the Senior Pastor, he's 48 and the Associate Pastor. He's also my pastor. It may be strange to hear a pastor say he has a pastor, but pastors need pastors, too! He's been a tremendous gift of God to me and all of our church. This past Christmas I had back surgery and he had to do all the pastor-stuff on his own. During my recovery I read "Stop Dating the Church" and was so inspired by it, that I wanted to share it with everyone. When I got back, I handed him my copy of the book. But an hour later, I grabbed it back because I decided to use it as a resource for my Sunday morning Bible Study on Ephesians. I think it is a truthful statement to say that I wouldn't be the pastor I am today without Pastor Jim here to be my pastor as well as brother.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?