Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Letter to My Editor Re: Chapter 1

Hey, Dave. Good news and bad news. Which do you want?

Okay, I'll start with the bad. I need to get my wisdom teeth removed this week. I'm serious. I was supposed to do this last year when I was writing NEAH but I put it off. Now they're starting to hurt. So I have the surgery scheduled for this Thursday afternoon. I thought it was better for me to get it done now instead of having this hinder work as work on the book picks up. But this means I'll lose Thursday through Saturday for writing. This is a little discouraging, but I'm trusting God.

The good news is that I think God has really helped me in my work on chapter 1. I think this is the first time I've gotten something to you early! C'mon and give me a little praise! Of course I might be really discouraged after you read it and tell me it stinks. But by the time you read it I'll be completely knocked out in a dentist's chair and won't care.

Anyway, chapter 1 is attached. It's missing some of the elements we talked about. For example it doesn't share much of my own story. I wrote a long section on my own "church journey" but decided to hold it. I think it might work as the beginning of chapter 2.

I think I'm writing smarter than I have in the past. I feel like I have you and Heather whispering in my ear about problem, premise and promise. I worked hard to hit those and not get distracted. Okay, you can tell I'm feeling pleased with myself. I need you to be a good editor and cut me back down to size.

Talk to you soon.

Joshua

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?